Saturday, June 11, 2005

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!

I HAVE RETURNED WITH MANY GREAT BLESSINGS

...or something.


Well, Brandon and I just finished a road trip that covered roughly 4,000 miles - from California to Oregon to three places in Idaho and then back down through Utah, Arizona, Nevada, and California again. So many things happened in this trip that I think I'll take many, many blog posts to talk about them. First of all, though, i IMPLORE you to check out My Photo Journal for a look at SOME of the photos that I took on this trip. There are about two or three pages' worth up already, and I will continually add more.

Today's post is going to be about a few little observations that I had early in the trip.

I know the I-5 as a highly congested ten-lane stretch of Freeway going through Los Angeles that I have to drive through to go to work. Last week, I got to see it as a two-lane road in the middle of the northern woods.

Apparently, I have Freak-Invisibility. All of the weird drunks harrassed Brandon, but never even noticed me. brandon developed a useful incantation whidh seemed to ward them off, though. Namely:

"Hey, you big crap-lobster! Why don't you pick on somebody my size?"

It took the fight right out of 'em.


Also, as we progressed further and further into the woods, we began to find some very interesting road signs.

$500 FINE FOR THROWING FLAMING OBJECTS OUT OF THE WINDOW

SHOW CAUTION WHEN FLASHING

LITTER AND IT WILL HURT

Oh, yeah.


Anyway, Matt Sinclair lives in a gorgeous house bordering the ocean waaaay up in northern Oregon. In Oregon, it's affordable. In California, it would cost a mint... do you detect a bit of jealousy here? Still, the sheer amount of beauty is thoroughly incredible - if only my camera were not in the process of falling apart for the whole week (I still got some really good pictures).

Well, that's today's installment... the next one will probably deal with idaho, and time on the road.
Comments:
Woo-hoo!!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?