Friday, May 06, 2005

Walk like a Chicken



It's true. General Grievous walks like a chicken. I saw a short video clip of how he appears in Star Wars: Episode 3 today, and that was the first thing that came to mind - heck, his head bobs and everything! Mind you, I still think that the character is the apex of cool, even if he will forever remind me of McNuggets.


In keeping with the Star Warsy theme today, I got the soundtrack for episode 3.

I love it.

I absolutely love it.

Honestly, this music is outstanding - it's just as complex, foreboding, fast-paced, and grand as you could possibly hope for from the movie. the new "final battle" theme easily outdoes Duel of the Fates from Episode 1.

Now, we all remember how Episode 1's soundtrack spoiled everybody with "Qui-Gon's Noble End" and "Qui-Gon's Funeral," so the first question on everybody's mind is, "does this soundtrack spoil anything?"

Actually, I was quite amazed at how many plot twists were listed. of special note is track 10, "Yoda's Death," which is followed by track 11, "The Birth of Clone Yoda." Also something to mention is "Darth Vader is a Robot Who Kills Anakin," "Sidious meets Palpatine," and "Mace Windu Becomes the Emperor."


Just kidding.


Honestly, the soundtrack doesn't spoil anything that was either mentioned specifically in the regular trilogy or is given away in the trailers and advertisements. I noticed that in death-specific tracks, they usually went for "destiny" or maybe "battle," which is smart. Most track titles are pretty vague, like "General Grievous," or "Palpatine's Dark Teachings."


Would I suggest the soundtrack? Definitely. It is a lot darker than anything else that we've seen from Star Wars, but it still fits the series perfectly. I am so hyped for this movie.

And finally, here's a picture of the Most Evil Thing in the World. If you've ever played Metroid, you will know exactly what I am talking about.

Comments:
Oh yah! That evil image has me tremblin in my boots! *not* lol
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?