Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Good News and Bad News...

Spiiiider Man... where are you going?
The link from my last post has been fixed.


Now, the news.

I have good news and bad news. So... I'll give the bad news first.


Tim Owen, one of my coworkers and a really good friend, had a stroke this morning. We don't know how serious it was, but he's in the hospital, his speech is very slurred, and there is some paralysis. For the religious people who read this, pray for him. Please? I'll update when his condition changes.

Now, the good news:

I got my money back! The bank refunded the amount that was stolen from me last Friday... and locked my account so that no money can go in or out. This means that my paycheck that day was refunded, and I spent several days with $4 to my name. Wonderfully, though, I managed to get them to lift the lock, and life is back to normal for a little while.

My dad is feeling better! Still in pain, but definitely getting healthier.

And I gave a presentation - a book review on The Hidden History of the Historic Fundamentalists. Basically, I gave a 20-minute lecture complete with two handouts and time to answer questions. Considering that the chaos this week meant that I had two hours to prepare for it... well, everybody told me that it went really well, and they thought that I had spent a few weeks getting ready, so I guess it was a success.

And finally, I just want to say this. I believe that children are our future, unless we stop them now before it is too late.

Comments:
WOOHOO MONEY! *huggles* Praying for Tim. ;_;
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?