Saturday, April 02, 2005

Midnight Madness

Well, I might as well start the blog with an account of the last day or two.

http://forums.kinnikuman.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8354

The action figures for Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith were released today on April 2. Plenty of stores held midnight-opening events, and had exclusive figures. So, at Midnight last night, I went to Toys R Us. I arrived at about 11:00 PM, and was 15th in line. The chaos was HILARIOUS! People were charging the aisles, practically vacuuming up the toys - stockboys had to run to the shelves at a constant rate to keep up! it was a lot of fun, and I went home, preparing for even #2...

...Target was going to give out a special exclusive figure to the first few people at the store when it poened. So, one energy drink and lots of tea later, I was waiting with five other guyus a few hours before the stpore opened. We got our special tickets for the figures, shopped at Wal-Mart next door, and then came back to Target. In the end, I think I got pretty much everything I was looking for - and it was fun. hey, there's only going to be one Episode 3, right?

Now, for the fun parts - I joined a gym recently, and I had two exercise days in a row. Thus, my legs were kind of sore/crippled up all day. Also, I tried taking a short nap this afternoon, and it left me disoriented. Thing is, I still wouldn't trade today for the world. Getting to see other geeky collectors just like me; talking without explaining every term I use.. it was Nerdvana.
Comments:
lol...thanks for the update, sounds like a good day indeed. I look forward to reading your blog.
 
Hee hee. And to think, you only gave up a whole night of sleep for that... ~_^
 
Post pics of your stuff!!
 
Haha! I wholeheartidly agree with Trin.
 
They should have famous mathematician action figures.
 
I think maybe they DO....
 
I know they have an Einstien figure on thinkgeek.com
 
I was thinking Paul Erdos.

http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~ddd/erdos.html
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?